1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sid the Kid has two goals and two assists in Pens 5-0 win. 1st game in 11 months

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 21, 2011.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yes, a whole thread. There are about 50 less deserving threads on s & n right now.

His "boo-boo"? What are you, 12 fucking years old?

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

As long as we're getting butthurt and throwing out invective, is the fanboy "Sid the Kid" bullshit really necessary in the thread title?

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Um, it's not a fanboi moniker. It's like The Great One or The Rocket. It's, you know, a universally accepted nickname--even in the media.

But I could call him The Baby Jesus if that makes you feel better.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Some of the coverage coming into tonight's game was a little ridiculous. Saw more than once that he was back to save the league, Bob McKenzie was already calling it a soon-to-be-magical moment this morning, etc. I'm as happy as anyone that he is back, and good to see he had a big night tonight. And no I am not a Penguins or Crosby fanboi, but I can appreciate how good he really is. But I also think the league is stronger for having to be forced to shine a light on other players in the game. I don't like seeing players get hurt, but if he was to miss some time in his career, I think the league certainly made the best of it and is better for it.

And anyone who says he wasn't the best player in the game at the time of his injury is out to lunch. Now he has to prove it all over again and he has some new competition from several different corner, it's no longer just the sid and ovi show. And it will take more than just one game to prove it too.

Also this is more than deserving of a thread of it's own. The entire hockey world -- and good portions of other portions of the sports world as well -- was watching tonight.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Awesome to finally see him back.

That said, can November end soon so he can shave off that ridiculous mustache?

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Also fantastic that the rest of the media was kept waiting for his post-game press conference while he did an exclusive interview with Ron MacLean on the CBC.

No, I wouldn't feel that way if I had been there covering the game. But I wasn't there, so I'll gloat. :D

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

They didn't take him to an interview room? I have to believe a brand new building has an interview room.

So the rest of the players get pissed because the horde is spilling over on their turf and people have to elbow for position and it's a mess.

What idiot runs PR there?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

This is why I don't get Canada.
    The best quarterback in the NFL blows out his knee, out for the year, and when he comes back the following year it's a storyline, but people aren't weeping in their seats. What about when Manning comes back next year? You think the entire country will stop in its tracks?
    An athlete got hurt. He came back.
    It's. Not. That. Big. Of. A. deal.

But JR, I do agree it deserves a thread.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Over react much?

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The good thing about Pittsburgh - There are plenty of bars within shouting distance of Consol that Sidney Crosby could go to and light up a victory cigar inside them without worrying about the moron brigade trying to fine him $100 for it.....

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hell, I'm a Pens hater and I'm happy to see Crosby back on the ice. Good for the game.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Crosby's a guy of routines and superstitions. His routine is to talk to the media at his locker, so rather than do something out of the ordinary, he preferred to keep with what he always does.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted