1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sid the Kid has two goals and two assists in Pens 5-0 win. 1st game in 11 months

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 21, 2011.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sid's return deserves its own thread

Great column by Michael Grange.

Tory Crosby, Sid's dad talks about what it means

CBC has pre-empted their programming. The Pens/Islanders game will be on HNIC

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/11/20/grange_crosby_dad/

Monday night for the first time in nearly 11 months Sidney Crosby will be out there; cycling the puck, spinning off bodies in front of the net, finding teammates with seeing-eye passes and trying to bury shots through slivers of light left by unsuspecting goalies.

The hockey world will be watching. His Dad too:

"I'm the same as any typical Canadian parent, any hockey parent," he said as his son was on the ice below, doing magic with a puck at the end of practice, in no rush to leave.

"I just love watching my kids play hockey."

Welcome back, Sid. The game has missed you.

2. mb

mb Active Member

Re: Sid the Kid will be back on Monday night

Versus has picked the game up down here.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Even if he had never played another game.....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Love it as a Pens fan, but as a hockey fan just the same. The game's missed him. I was watching some of HBO's 24/7 on DVR the other night -- it was amazing to see the cameras there for his torrid points streak. He probably would've been a slam-dunk MVP choice with anything so much as an average season from January to March.

Can't wait for the game already. Welcome back, Sidney.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Really? A whole thread?
    Sorry, the league's been fine without him.
    I've watched plenty of hockey since his boo-boo and the NHL hasn't missed a beat.

6. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I'm with this.

Look, I'm happy he's back mostly because a.) I hate to see a guy's career end on an injury and b.) I can stop hearing the incessant updates on whether or not he ran into cardboard Orpik in practice. Though now I guess it's going to be "OMG, Sid The Kid was a -2 tonight with no points, is his concussion still bothering him?" or whatever.

But honestly, I didn't miss him on the ice. There are plenty of great players out there, and it was nice seeing some on-ice attention go to other guys who have been plenty deserving but overshadowed in the who-can-kiss-the-most-butt swooning over Crosby. He's elite, absolutely, but he's one player of 23 on his team and one of 650 in the league, who both seem to forget that sometimes.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

From Elliotte's Twitter feed, the scene this morning around Crosby's stall....

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

His boo-boo? You're a moron. Whether you like him or not he is the best player in the league. Him coming back is somehow a bad thing?

The best part of him being back, like Smash said, we don't have to hear the incessant updates of when he will return.

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Sidney Crosby's return will be a yardstick - Crosby unwillingly became the NHL's poster boy for concussions. The question now is: how will he transition back to the game, health-wise?

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He has to play the game everybody else is playing.

He doesn't get to play in a bubble.

He's clearly a helluva talent. I hope he doesn't get hurt again. But they're not playing tag out there, and he's going to have to endure normal levels of abuse.

11. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I could care less about Sidney Crosby, but I'm glad that he's back playing the game he loves.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sid scored two goals and had two assists in his first game back after eleven months out against the Islanders tonight.

Sid Crosby is not just an "elite player", he's the best fucking player in the league. No one is even close.

Remember the "Who's better, Sid or OV argument? That's about a century ago.

As a matter of fact, OV isn't even one of the top ten players in the league right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted