1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SID, Lock Haven (Pa.) University

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by wickedwritah, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Hoop Time

Hoop Time Member

Just curious? Are you on drugs? Or just a fan of out of the way places with nothing going on?

2. lohengrin

lohengrin Member

If you make $38-48k in Lock Haven, you could live pretty much like a country squire.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You mean I'd have to drive this?

[​IMG]

:-\

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Hey, some hot chicks go to Lock Haven. I would imagine that means some hot MILFs are hanging around town, too.

5. qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop New Member

Bumping this up now that the deadline is near. Anyone have any info on applicants or if anyone has been brought in for an interview.

6. As a Slippery Rock alum from the PSAC and a decent knowlege of the SID there when I was, I will second, no third, actually, I quit couting . . . how hard these guys work. Not a bad job for a single guy who doesn't mind just a few free hours to yourself because you can spend time partying just about any time. However, if you are married, this really isn;t the job for you.

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Some of you might know of this site, but for those that don't you can go here to find SID and PR jobs through ncaa.org.

http://ncaa.thetask.com/market/jobs/browse.php

There's an American Junior Golf internship that sounds cool for a recent grad and you can also apply to be the head football coach at The College of St. Scholastica.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

As an old PSACer from way, way back, I concur with Wicked that the SIDs in the conference are a pretty darn good bunch. Professional and friendly.

Now, about Lock Haven. Hmmmm.

Last year, I went to see Penn State-Iowa hoops on a Saturday afternoon. Snow began during the game, and we made the mistake of grabbing supper after the game. By the time we got out, traffic could not make it up the mountain toward Lewistown.

We had to find the next best option -- which was Interstate 80, past Lock Haven, to Route 15 and south to home.

Big mistake.

I had never known it to that point, but Interstate 80 from Bellefonte to Milton is one of the darkest stretches of highway known to man. I mean, you see NOTHING. Exits are about 15 miles apart, and each one is a one-gas station deal.

Add the fact that black ice made a 70-minute trip into four hours, it was one of the worst nights I've spent in my life.

Anyway, the point being ... there's not too much around Lock Haven. Not too much at all. The campus is gorgeous, especially the athletic facilities which overlook the river. But it's a pretty bleak existence outside of that.

Mansfield? You would have to sedate me first.

9. SIDs were their tails off. Always good to get plenty of student help. College towns are a smorgasboard for MILFs!

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Or you can get off at Mile Run, which is as close to the middle of nowhere that you'll get east of the Rockies. Nothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted