1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI: Top 25 most hated teams of all-time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Heat are No. 25, which I say is way, way, way too low...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1007/most.hated.teams.all.time/content.1.html

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Agreed. I understand the idea of not wanting to make the current thing the BIGGEST THING EVAH!!!!! a la ESPN, but the vitriol/glee about this Heat bunch is top-five all time and will remain high on people's lists forever. The '94 Knicks are in the top 10 and there is no way NBA fans were rooting more against them than against LeBron.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No way a hockey team was more hated than the Heat.

Interesting to see Jimmy Johnson and LeBron on multiple teams, though the Heat deserve to be ahead of that Olympic team.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

are any of the pistons' title teams on there? the '77/'78 yankees?

how much is espn careful not to piss off current teams, like the heat, lower than they might when they no longer crave access? ??? ??? ???

5. As The Crow Flies

As The Crow Flies Active Member

It's not really even the Heat. It's just LeBron.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Pistons are No. 2. I loved that team.

7. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Just guessing, I figured the 1976 Raiders would have been either No. 1 or No. 2. They're No. 8.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

Oh, man, remember those badass 1909 detroit tigers? how can they only be 24th? ??? ??? ???

oh, yeah, that's right, few if any souls remain alive who 'hated' those s.o.b.s... ;)

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There wasn't an overabundance of hate for that one, singular Cowboys team.

That was one of their more workmanlike teams.

10. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I was assuming every Duke team from the past 24 years would be 1-24.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Some oddball teams on that list. The '02 Leafs? The Jail Blazers? Hated in their moment, maybe, but not over the course of time.

The East German '76 swim team? I don't hear any "hate" of that at all.

The oddest was the '72 A's. Were they really hated by fans of the game at-large? I've never got that sense from the histories I've read that they were. They hated themselves and their owner.

One notable team missing from that list ... the '85 Bears. For as many people as loved them, there were as many people at the time who thought they were a bunch of over-exposed, classless clowns.

The late 90s Wojo Duke teams weren't exactly beloved either.

12. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

LeBron and Wade, I think. Wade is just as big a baby as LBJ, and his part in the coughing incident makes him seem like a douche. Nobody has issues with Bosh, and that includes myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted