1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI Swimsuit 2013: Welcome to TigerVols' Nightmare

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Are Brooklyn Decker's fake?

2. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Fuck. Men are so lazy. No wonder women don't trust men.

This is what passes for a good body? Neither thin, not busty, neither short nor tall, neither ugly nor beautiful. Is there an actual woman who disagrees? Not that I've seen.

This is why women don't trust men, don't listen to men, think men are stupid, etc.

If you really want to judge women on their appearance, at least try to see more women than you run into at the JV football game, the HS volleyball match and the local breastaurant.

I know many won't understand this...but to pretend like Ms. Upton is some paragon of beauty is somewhere between unsettling and upsetting to a lot of women out there.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I disagree.

4. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Please elaborate, individual.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

She's busty. She's not ugly. She's beautiful.

I don't know how tall/short she is, so I can't discuss that.

But if you've honestly never met a woman who doesn't think Kate Upton isn't even remotely attractive, then I'm sad for your circle of women. And for you.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

And I agree with you.

7. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Well, if the standard is to beat "not even remotely attractive," we've got a pretty wide pool to choose from.

I don't wish to mince words, even though I detest popularity-contest hotness. My point is that beautiful women are often ignored or downgraded in favor of lessor avatars such as the banal Ms. Upton. A lot of this is due to the willingness of men to subvert their own wants and reality in general to some serialized image of fulfillment. Granted, there are many women more fit, more aesthetically gifted than Ms. Upton who succeed in the media. But there are plenty of normal women caught in between.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, if you're among any of those of us who have watched her "Dougie" on YouTube, it's pretty obvious those are real and spectacular.

9. Mizzougrad96

Doesn't SI have a stated policy about no fakes? That didn't apply to Manti Te'o, but I think it applies to the swimsuit issue.

10. Mizzougrad96

It sure seems to me like the majority of men prefer curvy women. Since Bar Refaeli, Brooklyn Decker and the lovely Ms. Upton seem to be SI's favorite models, I'm guessing they tend to agree with that assessment as well... :D

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I prefer women with "soft" bodies.

And I assume SoCalScribe is being sarcastic when he says Kate Upton is not busty.

12. Mizzougrad96

Sarcastic or blind... :D

Draft saved Draft deleted