1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI story about Lance Armstrong. Doesn't look pretty.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I guess one point would be where is Greg the Douche in all this? He's supposed to be on a crusade when it comes to knocking down fellow Americans who have overshadowed him, but I haven't head a peep out of him on Contador.

Noooooo, he doesn't have an ax to grind.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wrong!

LeMond HAS been quoted about this case...

http://blogs.bettor.com/Greg-LeMond-questions-the-validity-of-Alberto-Contadors-doping-test-a30912

Of course, he was defending Bert!

;)

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

LeMond is an even bigger douche than I thought. Naaaa, that's not possible.

I guess my whole issue with the Armstrong witch hunt is this: So what if they proved he ingested a drug cocktail in the middle of each stage while on the bike? does it help the public at large? you proved a cyclist doped. shocker!

On the other hand, why not go after Landis and make him repay the money with interest he solicited from people for his defense fund all the while knowing his own guilt? (No, I didn't but I did buy his book)
    Here, you have an actual crime committed where someone defrauded innocent people out of money. If you get those people's money back, good was served.

It's just like pretty much all law enforcement/government agencies, they'd rather go after the plump juicy low hanging fruit that makes them feel good about their dick size than go to work and do something that benefits people.

4. It's cycling, for crissakes. Who really gives a fuck?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It seems the Federal Government does.

And, of course, cycling fans. Probably a few cancer survivors helped by the Livestrong Foundation too.

6. OK, sure. You're like a soccer fan. Can't understand it when someone can't care about it. Go ahead. Just don't wake me up.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Cycling fans are nothing like soccer fans.

Cycling fans enjoy the allure of following a niche sport that no one else understands.

As for your two posts, I won't point out the obvious. Someone else can grab that low-hanging fruit.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That describes soccer fans to a T :D

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No, what I can't understand is why somebody feels the need to be a douchebag by posting "Who cares!?!" on certain threads.

I don't care about, say, some retired hockey player turning 50. But I'm not going to post on that thread about hockey being a niche sport that the vast majority of Americans don't give a shit about.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So Nike has/had Tiger, Lance, and now I go to the site and I see Kobe and Kanye on the front page.

Maybe they can go hide on the Oregon court?

11. I'm so ashamed.

Draft saved Draft deleted