1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI story about Lance Armstrong. Doesn't look pretty.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He can't sell magazines for them anymore so they finally decided to take him down.

This guy has always been one of the biggest frauds in sports.

It's sad, but anyone who didn't think this was inevitable was kidding themself.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Is he worse than Jay Cutler?

3. Mizzougrad96

Much. He's a fraud.

Cutler is genuine. A genuine prick, but genuine. :D

4. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Armstrong has denied any cheating for years and years...and yes, while cycling is among the dirtiest sports out there, it's little surprise that Armstrong has finally been caught in the web.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

WITCH HUNT!!!!!

Novitzky is a renegade. He manufactured it all.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Cheating: Making cycling relevant since the invention of the wheel.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If the headline of the SI story isn't "No Shit," I am going to be severely disappointed.

8. Mizzougrad96

That's funny. There's been a rumor for awhile that a Don Yaeger version of this story was killed by the SI editors several years ago during Lance's heyday.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

What?

I thought you were creamora.

10. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

NO OUTING!!!!!

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Does "The Case Against Lance Armstrong" break any news that wasn't covered in "The Case Against Lance" in the October issue of Men's Journal?

http://www.mensjournal.com/october-2010-sneak-peak

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

cheating = having a competitive advantage. Armstrong won on a level playing field.

It's funny that the only people that seem shocked or upset that cyclists dope are non-cycling types. I know they do and don't give a shit.

I'm a card-carrying (not really, but I do have a photo of myself interviewing him hanging in my house) Lance fanboy. I'm certain without a doubt he took PEDs. I can't prove that and neither could anyone testing him. I still so so what. When someone wants to throw Big Mig into the mix, and yes you LeMond you fucking piece of shit, then we can talk. Don't think think that PED use started with Riis.

If you're on a soap box that cycling isn't a sport or you can't enjoy it because of PEDs, then you can't like the NFL or MLB, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted