1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI on JaMarcus Russell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Russell's been pretty elusive with the media since the "sip-sip" arrest in July 2010, but SI's L. Jon Wertheim finally got an extended interview with him. Russell says he's not fat, broke or a drug addict, but also doesn't seem all that motivated to get back to pro football.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1191566/index.htm

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Read it last night. That story overpromises by a lot in the first two pages.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I look forward to seeing in this in the magazine next Tuesday.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'll read it after I pour myself a purple drank.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

My favorite part was JaMarcus' critique of Drew Brees.

7. I look forward to seeing this late next week some time.
    Just got my hands on last week's issue this morning, and I'm eager to delve into the World Series preview. According to the cover, they pick a team to win it in six games. Since Game 6 is tonight, I guess I better read that preview posthaste.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Well shit, when I get last week's issue next week, I'll be able to open it and right away rip them if they were wrong, or not. Then I'll read all about how the key to this World Series will be LaRusa's master use of the bullpen, and his overall baseball acumen. At least that's what I'm guessing, since my issues come so fucking late.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

JoMarcus Russel will be back in the NFL by the time I receive that issue.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Interesting look into him. His unpublicized charitable activites are certainly admirable. I would pull for him if he gets another chance. But he's got to make that chance happen. It won't happen on its own.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Stop your complaining. I got the 1997 NFL Draft preview issue on Monday.

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

If you steal that much money, your conscience basically begs you to do SOMETHING worthwhile with it.

Other than purple drank.

Not saying purple drank isn't worthwhile. Just that perhaps you can't spend the GDP of Namibia just on purple drank.

Draft saved Draft deleted