1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI is down to just 38 issues this year

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Is there anyone working at SI anymore that’s over the age of 30?

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Swimsuit issue's finally out.

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Is it still full of ads? That issue used to be huge.

4. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

As far as ads, it's substantial, but certainly nothing approaching the old days. This issue's theme seems to be diversity, and that's fine, but to me the entire swimsuit concept has become a snooze.

5. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Did they put Christine Blasey Ford in the swimsuit issue too?

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

SI sold again?

An aside: If this comes through, I wouldn't mind seeing Heckman's wife in the next swimsuit issue.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I thought they had licensed out the editorial end of things to Meredith, for at least two years. And yikes, that does not sound good.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seeing Rich Paul's face on the cover of the current issue in the middle of the NBA finals made me cry. I can't believe they thought that would sell any issues at the newstand. The copylines don't raise much of a pulse either. Why not pix of Leonard, KD, Davis and other FAs? Though I have no doubt Price's story is great - he doesn't disappoint.
    [​IMG]

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Why do magazines like squiggly lines all over the place for no reason?

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It sounds like there will be two SI brands. One the print edition/website, the other selling swag.

12. Probably because Rich Paul had the power to direct Anthony Davis to LA, creating a superduo with his more famous client. Sounds like a lot of power and, hence, a good fit for the power issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted