1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI Gimmick

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Tracy Ringolsby, Aug 7, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Hilarious.

2. joe

joe Active Member

Under the mattress. Next to the 12-gauge.

3. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Mizzou:
    Great line on the Hall of Fame deal!!

4. First it wasn't a woe is me story. It was just a mention of another thing I see going on in the media business that will alienate readers. I took care of the matter. I had the subscription canceled. I am not asking for sympathy, but I also have never been in a Best Buy. In fact, I have been in very few major national chains because I buy most things I can from local merchants. I don't use credit cards for subscriptions. I don't think it is credit card fraud because the delivery address was my address. I just mentioned it as a point of interest for how credit card information is passed around.
    As for Mizzou grad, I have no bust in the Hall of Fame and will never have a bust in the Hall of Fame, and if you know me as well as you have indicated you do behind your screen name on several occasions you would know that if someone mentions that I quickly point out that writers are not in the Hall of Fame.

5. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Tracy, I'm someone you're not particularly a fan of, so I have no vested interest in taking up for you. But a lot of people here being unnecessarily dickish. I didn't take it as a woe-is-me story, but this board often reminds me how many colossal dumb asses we have in this business.

6. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Wonderful.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Bingo.

8. If SI bought the rights to your credit card number from another company, and then charged your credit card without your consent, then you have a pretty clear case of credit card fraud in front of you, one that could implicate a pretty big corporation, and whatever business sold your credit card number to them.

I just don't believe this to be the case.

Draft saved Draft deleted