1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI errors from NCAA Tourney preview

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by OceanLottery, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Well, since most people get the magazine on Thursday afternoon (when a large chunk of the games have already been played or are in progress), I think they were over a barrel there.

2. ETN814

ETN814 Member

It's weird. I got the magazine every Thursday like clockwork for as long as I can remember. Now, sometimes it will show up Friday, Saturday, but never Thursday.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Benefit of living in New York, I get mine on Wednesday. My New Yorker's another story. Supposed to be Monday but usually Tuesday, often Wednesday. Same with New York magazine.

4. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

In my mind, the web site and the magazine are two different worlds.

5. On a related note, in Stewart Mandel's latest piece on the SI Web site about the Sweet 16, he has Syracuse beating Morgan State in the first round. Syracuse actually beat Vermont, West Virginia beat Morgan State.

I e-mailed him yesterday to let him know it was wrong, checked back today and it still had not been fixed.

6. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

WFW.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Given Little Ricky's footloose history -- and
    the fact he's sucking hind to Big Blue right now, in a big way -- hardly farfetched.

Also suspect that the 'Ville's far too smart to hire Alford, but that's
    another story for another day.

Draft saved Draft deleted