1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI.com: Troy Glaus -- Roids

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Sep 7, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

It's evident what your agenda is. Have a great day. Hopefully, you'll get a hug or something along the way.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Post smarter.

3. boots

boots New Member

Come on Jgmacg. Stop it and try to keep this thread unlocked. Please keep your posts limited to Glaus. I am asking you to do this because this is a hot topic and what you're doing isn't necessary.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

OK. Then we'll go back to the question that threw the thread off track. What are you asking here? And about whom? Glaus? Are you asking about steroids? Or greenies? HGH? Or violations of the Ten Commandments?

Any person's history certainly seems to have a bearing on how we perceive them, interact with them and how we judge them when called upon to do so.

Or are you asking about people in the public eye, like athletes and presidential candidates? We tend to expect a little more out of them. And judge them all the more harshly for it.

5. boots

boots New Member

We were talking about Glaus.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Are we sure?

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Yes, and.........

8. boots

boots New Member

Now, you have lost me, But if it's about whether a person's past have relevance about what they do today, people change.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

And how is that relevant to our discussion of Mr. Glaus?

10. boots

boots New Member

It goes back to the Ankiel situation. It was old news.

11. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

You are right.
    I wouldn't know - who would? - about the dozens of writers looking into a Clemens PED connection. That being true, my reference is 'loose talk' and unsubstantiated.

(BTW, I'm here to gain insight from the people who have it here on this board. I'm not an allegded 'Super Genius'.)

But doesn't the fact that no one would be surprised if that link were to be uncovered put a strange face on our perception of Clemens and Bonds?

Carl Lewis was never caught but he is definitely perceived as 'tainted' by most observers, while Clemens is not.
    I might be mixing sports here - sprinting is as dirty as a Guangzhou sidewalk - at the same time there is something a bit off about the Bonds coverage.

Clearly baseball is in the doping orbit. Why does the reputation and image of some players appear to get a free pass?

12. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Clemens had his PED story buried by some very powerful people, thats the only reason you don't hear or see more about it. The same powerful people also buried Lance Armstrong's story.

Draft saved Draft deleted