1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI.com: Troy Glaus -- Roids

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Sep 7, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

How does the race card figure into this?

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I guess now I know why Glaus hasn't sold his home down the street from mine in Corona, Calif -- it's been on the market (allegedly -- the sign is the smallest for-sale sign you've ever seen!) since he left the Angels. It's empty yet well tended. I've not noticed Fed Ex trucks regularly arriving, but then again I'm not around usually when they make their local run.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Excellent point.

Boots, he was saying this helps to counter the argument that the criticism of Bonds was racially motivated.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

They're GIVEN corticosteroids...but they WANT hgh. There's a lot of evidence that hgh can help treat asthma, and other autoimmune deficiencies (ie fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, etc), so there's a black-market-for-medicinal-purposes element to this. Wade Wilson, for example, is claiming he took hgh to help with his asthma diabetes.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It says here that Wade Wilson took hgh to help with his boner:
    http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/09/wilson_tried_to_treat_impotence.html

6. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Does that work? I mean, uh, a friend of mine wants to know.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Okay, I made a mistake above...I said asthma, I meant diabetes. Apologies.

I guess that can create boner issues. I don't know.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Regarding the Troy Glaus story in SI -- an aside:

How lame are the folks at SI.com that they can't find a Glaus pix in a Jays uni? He hasn't been an Angel for 3 years!

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

They still learning how to count to 500. Give 'em a break.

10. boots

boots New Member

Perhaps, just maybe, that this happened when he was with the Angels and not with the Blue Jays. I mean I could be wrong but I don't think so.

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Troy Glaus used Roids? No way!

No, kidding and once the whole truth comes out people will realize that there will be no real MLB games in 2009 because the whole league will be suspended for 50 games. Maybe MLB will just use the missed time from 94 and 95 to justify Bonds and many other players numbers now. Roger Clemens, Troy Glaus, Barry Bonds and Greg Maddux will be proven users before this whole mess is over.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maddux? I swear, it must be nice to just make up your own reality as you go.

Draft saved Draft deleted