1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI.com: Troy Glaus -- Roids

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Sep 7, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Agree, Devil.

I'm a big Piazza fan but I always believed he skated on the steroids issue more than anybody in baseball.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Or was Piazza's groin injury made up to cover another ailment that they did not want released? Or maybe he just wanted a few days off? We all know injuries are made up sometimes.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

He was out for six or eight weeks ... described as tear of muscle away from the bone

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Ugh. I'm waving the red flag.

5. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Ah, this is tough. I always thought he was a solid player and kind of liked him.

Then again, I was a McGwire/Sosa fan when that whole shindig was going on, and now looked what happened.

Who's next? Mark McLemore?

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I'd really appreciate if law enforcement could just release their entire list of suspect athletes in this case, instead of leaking them out in dribs and drabs. It would be much more convenient, don't you think?

7. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

The big winner (for now) in the whole Ankiel / Glaus / performance-enhancing drugs news cycle?

Barry Bonds.

Other guys are getting lit into by media and fans. They're either not even talking about Bonds for the moment or they're on the verge of saying that Barry deserves a pass on this one since he obviously isn't alone.

Not saying it's right, just saying that's where this is heading . . .

8. boots

boots New Member

This will not end well.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

People with asthma are given corticosteroids, not anabolic steroids. BIG difference. You can't build muscle mass from corticosteroids.

Corticosteroids are also over-prescribed... but that's a different story.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

True on both counts....though I believe there have been some cases of positive tests in track and swimming due to asthma medications, leading ot some confusion on the subject.

11. I'd really appreciate it if law enforcement wasn't a sieve.

12. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Yup, and Ankiel and Glaus are getting ripped, so there goes the race card that's been played over and over by the Bonds crew.

You cheat, you get skewered. Period.

Draft saved Draft deleted