1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI.com redesign

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Big Circus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

What say you all? I like it a lot.

2. Tdell8

Tdell8 New Member

Looks a lot like ESPN ...

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It could be a pile of shit in a clear plastic bag and it would still be better than what it was. I have no idea why, but it used to destroy even my new Mac. I started to view links to SI stories like an invitation to step on a rake.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You're slipping

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yes. The old SI.com was the worst site on the internet. Just painful. So far, from what I can tell, this redesign is miles better. Low bar to clear, obviously, but it's pretty solid so far.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'll be in Columbus, Ohio for a wedding this weekend. Please have them sent to my room at the Courtyard Downtown.

And yeah, we like the new look a lot. I never disliked the old site as much as some others and it damn sure was not the worst site in the internet. But the new look is much better, the site is much more functional and I want all the beers.

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Far from the worst site in terms of content, obviously, but the worst I can think of when it came to functionality. I can't even tell you how times my Mac crashed trying to read a single Deitsch column. It was like a race to read anything before I was looking at the wheel of death.

I congratulate you, Moddy, on your new site, and I hope Columbus treats your drunk ass well.

Moderator1 likes this.
  11. Southwinds

Southwinds Member

What bothered me most about the old SI.com site was that you'd have an occasional word that wasn't the same typeface or size as the rest of the story. It was almost as if it had been added in as a revision, yet the editors never had any idea how to make those revisions and keep the same formatting.

12. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Drive about an hour west and I'll buy you one.

Draft saved Draft deleted