1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI badly needs an NBA editor

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jim lefko, Oct 21, 2018.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Do you mean USA Today Sports Weekly? If so, then yes.

2. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

The only reason I restarted my subscription is because it’s $2 a year through work. I can’t complain about that price.

3. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

I agree -- can't simply blame the internet. And it would also be wrong to lump SI in with the Sporting News. Sports Illustrated had 10x the quality of Sporting News for decades. Another annoyance in the magazine is the recent prevalence of ad-driven features, like how athletes stay in shape next to some fitness-related ad. (That may not be an exact description, but I think readers know what I mean.)

4. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

All of SI’s writers now are like 25. Did they just merge their staff with SI For Kids?

cjericho and Tweener like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My parents used Sports Illustrated to teach me to read. I can't even bring myself to think about it now. A national treasure shot to shit.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's highly annoying. And the back page "Point After" looks like it's now a mediocre athlete Q&A.

But the feature a couple issues back on the air guitar national champion might have been my breaking point.

7. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

SI still has good NBA writers, even with Lee's departure, but I too have found that the editing team leaves a lot to be desired.

Draft saved Draft deleted