1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI: A-Rod to become a free agent

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jakewriter82, Oct 28, 2007.

1. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/specials/playoffs/2007/10/28/rodriguez.contract/index.html

If I was Joe Girardi I'd be disappointed if I was just offered the Yankees gig without A-Rod.

What're the odds he ends up with the Cubs?

2. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

Oh no! What about Ryan Theriot?

In all seriousness, A-Rod's going to the Angels.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

That sound you just heard was Tom Hicks popping champagne corks. A-Rod just saved him $30 million.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He's going to the Northside of Chicago. He wants to play for a manager he likes (Pinella), in a major market (Chicago) for a franchise that has history (Cubs).

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Which is never going to happen because the Trib is not going take on that kind of money while they're trying to sell the team.

TribCo fucks Cub fans in the ass again.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Boras is quoted as saying he notified the Yankees today that A-Rod is opting out. That means the Rangers are off the hook.
    The Yankees were preparing an extension offer if he don't opt out. But once he opts out, the final 3 years of the old deal go away and Texas is free and clear, even if the Yankees were to re-sign him.

7. I have no doubt Alex Rodriguez is headed to the Chicago Cubs and would move back to shortstop in his desire to play for former manager Lou Pinella.

Chicago's lineup with AROD might look great on paper but they're heavily loaded from the right-side of the plate and will be problem against good pitching teams.

1. Felix Pie, CF
    2. Alfonso Soriano, LF
    3. Alex Rodriguez, SS
    4. Derek Lee, 1B
    5. Aramis Ramirez, 3B
    6. Jacque Jones, RF
    7. Mark DeRosa, 2B
    8. Geovany Soto, C

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Somehow, I think that group might just manage to scrape out a run or two.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

^BC-APNewsAlert,0029
    NEW YORK (AP) — Alex Rodriguez has opted out of contract with New York Yankees, agent Scott Boras says.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

A-Rod at third base in Flushing next year, David Wright moves to first.

11. This means the Yankees are in big trouble, especially Derek Jeter. Captain Yankee won't have Alex to blame or Torre to hide behind since he did nothing publicly to back his former manager.

A-ROD is done with New York leaving Brian Cashman to throw big money at Mike Lowell or hope they can acquire Miguel Tejada and move him to third.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You have a better shot of a three-way with Sophia Loren and Salma Hayek than A-Rod heading to Queens, you decrepit fanboy looser!

Draft saved Draft deleted