1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shut Up And Sing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

If you buy tickets... even through scalpers, the money for the face value of that ticket has gone to the official sources.

2. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

I tell you what pisses me off and that's the radio stations (as well as Nashville) who cut off the Dixie Chicks. I'm driving the other day and the DJ promises a Dixie Chicks song. Then he's like...Sike!!! Then he says, well maybe the ban doesn't apply to country songs..be right back with a DC country song. No such animal. He's just fucking around and comes back and plays a She-Daisy song. Now THERE's some country girl-band crap. No comparison, talent-wise, to the Dixie Chicks. The reason the Chicks gained so much respect when they debuted was the because the two sisters had great musical talent and Maines' singing voice. I like her, think she has a great voice.

Country music hates the Chicks, but keeps trying to replicate their sound and success. I keep hearing people compare The Wreckers (Michelle Branch and Jessica Harp) to the Chicks. I don't see it. I loved "Leave the Pieces" but I really don't like their latest one. Blah!

Draft saved Draft deleted