1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shut Up And Sing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I thought I had a crush on Natalie Maines before this film. Now, it may be a stalker-level infatuation.

Tremendous music documentary, and she is a great fucking American.

Playing in one theater in my county, which is a shame.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Some GOP knuckledraggers still refer to her as "the fat one."

She had one unflattering era (the "Goodbye Earl" period). Other than that, she's beautiful.

Of course, it's no wonder the knuckledraggers don't like Natalie. This is what they believe a woman should look like:

[​IMG]

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Nice wicked witch shoes, bitch.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

She complained that she was intentionally made to look sinister and unflattering in that cover shot.

No, you fucking harpy, that's exactly how you look. Mannish and wholly unremarkable.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And Time is relatively down-the-middle.

Newsweek would have made her look like Margaret Hamilton.

6. Barbara Kopple is a great American.
    Love the Chicks's brass. Not too in love with the music, though. What's a good CD to change my mind?

7. I don't think Natalie is fat. Just built like a linebacker. Solid. In a linebackerish way.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why do you guys hate America?

I'm looking forward to those who knock the left for hating Toby Keith to come on here and wish death by a pack of ravenous dogs on Natalie and the Chicks.

And Fenian, I guarantee you like "Top Of The World Live." I previously only dug the Chicks for standing firm on Bush-bashing, but this double-CD is really good. There's also a very cool shot of the three of them standing defiantly in front of Louisville's Freedom Hall.

9. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

byh is right. their studio stuff can be pretty flat, althought some of it is good. but live is where they shine. they just have an outstanding music pedigree.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I love Fly. It might be one of my five favorite CDs to play while driving.

Love it.

I'll check the live CD though. Sounds interesting.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is the reverse more consistent?

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted