1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Showtime's Sleeper Cell

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Dec 13, 2006.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I know no one has seen this show, it is, after all, on Showtime, but Sleeper Cell is some good TV.
    Like Wire good. In some ways better.
    All of Season 2 is up on OnDemand and I've already watched the whole thing.
    The show is like one punch in the gut after another and scary because it seems so real. The exploration of Muslim culture has also been fascinating.
    Michael Ealy, the lead, is an Emmy nominee. So is Oded Fehr, who plays the terrorist.
    I don't know what the deal is, but Showtime has been doing some good work. Weeds and Sleeper Cell are two of the best shows going.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've seen every episode, and I agree it's good.

But "Wire" good? P'shaw.

3. NDub

NDub Guest

Sleeper Cell is brilliance. One of the most well-written shows I've seen. The acting is also tremendous. I own Season I on DVD. I saw Season 2 started on Sunday night but I don't have Showtime. I considered buying the channel for two months since the season is only eight episodes, but I'm switching providers here in about 3 weeks, so no dice.

I don't think it'd fly on network TV because it's too smart. People wouldn't get it. They need Howie Mandel and Simon Cowell to make them feel good.

4. Dexter is a guilty pleasure, and Huff is brilliant.
    I watched about half the first season of Sleeper Cell, then missed a couple of eps. I need to go back and see them all.

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Will ditto the awesomeness of Sleeper Cell, I watched all eight episodes of Season 2 the second they got OnDemand. Spent eight hours loving the show. I agree that Showtime is easily the best pay network on TV. Weeds, Dexter, Penn and Teller Bullshit and Sleeper Cell are some of the best original shows on the tube.

6. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

Gotta agree on Sleeper Cell being an awesome show. Last christmas I started watching the first season by accident and I was immediately hooked.

Draft saved Draft deleted