1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shows you can and can't watch in reruns

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Seinfeld's about the only one I can watch regularly. I'll watch the Simpsons if it's a classic episode, but there's a lot of fat in the run of that series.

My wife falls asleep watching Friends ... every ... single ... night.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Not traditional reruns, but my go-to when there is nothing else on is GSN.

I enjoy many of the old game shows, although more variety would be better. Can only watch so much Family Feud.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I've watched some of the earlier 90210 episodes for the nostalgia factor, although if can't watch the later ones because they remind me why I stopped watching the show in the first place.

Saved by the Bell also is still entertaining.

4. joe

joe Active Member

Can:
    All three Law & Order franchises; in order, the mothership, Criminal Intent, SVU
    All Star Trek except Deep Space Nine
    Swamp People: Shooot 'im!

Canish:
    Seinfeld
    Frasier

Cannot:
    M*A*S*H, has aged really poorly
    SportsCenter. Doesn't really qualify, but fuck the NFL all the time station. The NFL season is about 4 1/2 months of anything I care about, and I simply do not give two shits about all the rest. Chris Berman can die in a fire.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I have watched a lot of L&O reruns, but only because I never watched the first runs. I don't rewatch them, and haven't watched an episode in years.
    And I can't abide the L$O spinoffs. Terrible shows. The original was the only good one.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

This is funny, because I've switched from SportsCenter to NFL Network in the mornings because I think SportsCenter doesn't talk enough football. I'm not saying they ignore it, but I could give a fuck about baseball the second training camp opens.

I'm always pleasantly surprised how good the NFL Network is.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm down to pretty much 1-3 hours of TV a night and half the time it's on just for background noise.

I pretty much just watch MLB Network between 6 and 10 p.m. Billy Ripkin is always on and funny, and I've become quite fond of Mark DeRosa. He was too cocky to start of the season, stuck between the genres of desperately wanting to play but realizing he might be done. Once he accepted the latter he began to relax and put his energy into becoming a quality talking head. He's a funny guy.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

St. Elsewhere, Homicide, the early seasons of Hill Street Blues. NBC had some great shows back in the day.

I can always watch "Wings."

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I don't know if you ever saw all the episodes, joe, but if not, you should give Star Trek: Deep Space Nine another chance in another go-round. It's one show that definitely got better as it went along -- noticeably so, actually.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Law & Order, the original -- especially the mid-90s run -- is always watchable.

The original run of Futurama. The relaunched Comedy Central version had its moments, but wasn't the same.

The Simpsons (the FXX marathon has been wonderful background noise this week).

The David Tennant seasons of Doctor Who. Largely self-contained episodes that always seemed to hit the right notes.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I watch "Match Game" religiously. Drives my wife nuts but I just think it was a great game show. Don Sutton was on the panel the other day.

Wish Cheers was still on. Found Family Ties a while back and watched a couple but that was enough.

12. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Gene Rayburn, MG host, always reminded me of one of my uncles. And he had the coolest hand-held microphone in the business, that long, thin job.

Draft saved Draft deleted