1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Show of hands -- who here's been noodling?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I want to know why was the first person to think: I'll just shove my arm under this old stump. If something bites me, I'll be able to pull it out.
    As the activity started to catch on, they said: Works well for catching catfish. Not so good for catching beavers.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've never been to Spain, but I kind of like the music...

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There is no urban legend to it. Get unlucky and you'll have a permanent shocker. I've done it once before. It involves a handful of stinkbait and lots of suspense.

BTW, noodling is only legal in Oklahoma, and maybe a few other states.

(Whatever happened to the original noodling thread?)

Frog gigging is pretty tame by comparison. I went once with my uncle on his airboat in Florida. (I don't think it was the Everglades proper, but I was only 11 so I don't remember.)

Possum huntin' ... now you're talking.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I've gigged frogs and tipped a cow.

The cow made the most gawd-awful sound you can imagine on the way down.

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I was hunting carp in the river with a bow and arrow, saw some movement in the brushpile where I had earlier seen carp, and drew my bow. A beaver surfaced about six feet from me. I am sooooo glad I didn't release the arrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted