1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Show me, don't tweet me

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Sep 25, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Durant says Wade isn't a top 10 player in the NBA. Wade, of course, take this as a sign of great disrespect and fires off a tweet that says as much. Durant comes back with the "Show me, don't tweet me" tweet. Real power move. Shut him down.

http://nba.si.com/2013/09/24/kevin-durant-dwyane-wade-james-harden-top-10-players-2014-sports-illustrated-point-forward/?sct=hp_t2_a1&eref=sihp

I know how awesome these debates can be on here, so.....is Wade a top 10 player right now?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

For a seven-game series or an entire season?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

And there was the set-up for a follow-up to their TV commercial.

Made-up controversy orchestrated by (Gatorade) marketing people. It's the NBA way!

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He'll miss enough games that you could easily argue 10 players will be more productive.

But there aren't 10 I'd take ahead of him if the playoffs are starting tomorrow.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The NBA, You know You Want it, Bitch.

Even the corporate shills Mike & Mike called them out on the obvious set up this morning. If these spent spent as much time working on the mid range jump shot as they do marketing they'd revolutionize basketball

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Old-school version was Shaq taking out a newspaper ad to congratulate and challenge Hakeem. Then came this ad:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

You're not talking about Durant, though, right? Since he's, you know, one of the best shooters in the history of the game.

I do fear the whole thing has been set up by Jimmy Kimmel.

As for Wade, I'd still put him there, even with his mostly below-average playoff performance.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Right. It was a generalization about the over emphasis that many of todays professional athletes place on marketing and synergistic efforts between their athletic reputation and their desire to be seen across media platforms and material markets

Draft saved Draft deleted