1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shouldn't you know baseball to be on Baseball Tonight?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Oct 14, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dusty Baker is a guest analyst for the playoffs.

Unless he's there to break into programming when a team is five outs away from the World Series--or seven outs away from winning it--in order to tell its manager how to blow it, I can't think of anything at all Dusty can share.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

dusty was brutal on sportscenter last night when kruk said something about how it would take a minor miracle for the a's to come back. dusty repeated the phrase kruk used about seven times in his 45-second schpiel. does espn just take anyone who calls or do they have some kind of screening process?

more and more, john kruk looks like walter freakin' cronkite compared with the people they bring in to sit next to him. and kruk's no genius, that's for sure...

3. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Kruk contradicts himself or gets facts flat-out wrong every minute he's on the air. He's an insult to anyone who follows baseball closely.

4. Dusty Baker's been in one World Series and nearly been to another. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's closer than Buck Showalter, Buck Martinez or a lot of other managers who have been on Baseball Tonight.

But I know slamming Dusty (career winning percentage: .527) is what we do around here, so never mind, carry on.

5. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Fuck Dusty for letting Russ Ortiz keep the damn gameball when he took him out.
    F!@# Dusty Baker
    F$%^ Dusty Baker
    F&*& Dusty Baker

I had to cover Local U on the road about two hours away that evening. I let everybody know that they shouldn't tell me the score becuase I was taping the game. I got home, and at about 4:30 in the morning I was ready to dial up everybody in my phone and celebrate like mad. Then the Giants lost. FUCK DUSTY BAKER!

(Inhale... exhale... deep... breath...)

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Did Baker wear sweatbands on the set?

7. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

Hey I know Dusty Baker's a moron, but seeing the Cards are in the NLCS he does seem like the type of guy to give a little insight on what St. Louis has to offer

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Dusty Baker wouldn't make a bad analyst on a B or C team covering baseball for Fox or ESPN. Plus he does know the Cards. He couldn't beat the Cards, but he knows 'em.

9. busuncle

busuncle Member

And think how well he could have done if all those walks weren't clogging up the basepaths.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

You can never have enough Neifi analysis. ::)

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

uncle --
    Are you actually bragging on Dusty's .527 career winning percentage? While managing the teams he's managed? Let's see what his numbers would be like in Kansas City.

I wouldn't leave him in charge of my roto team if I went on vacation. Next thing you know, Neifi Perez would be hitting leadoff, Johan Santana's left arm would have fallen off and his kids would be running in and out of dugout while the game was going on.

Fuckabuncha Dusty Baker, and his last-place fucking finish.

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

my point exactly. and compared with the talking sacks of flesh who add nothing (tino martinez, orestes destrade), kruk looks like albert einstein.

Draft saved Draft deleted