1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should undercover police be allowed to stop and arrest people randomly?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If Obama said these cops acted stupidly, I think more people would have agreed with him.

2. Why can't I picture this scene without Herc and Carver in the role of idiot cops?

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The talk of badges around necks had me picturing the scene in season 3 where Prez shoots the undercover cop and McNulty makes a ridiculous face when he pulls the badge out.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Herc's on 24 and was last seen getting the shit kicked out of him by Jack.

Poor Herc will be forever typecast as the incompetent bald cop

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

These cops are going to get their own show.
    Here's a preview:

6. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

I hope the kid's family finds a decent lawyer and takes these guys down and the city for brutality.

Just because you have a badge doesn't give you the right to beat someone senseless, I don't care if he was a criminal or not. The fact that he wasn't doing anything wrong should mean

If he ran from a uniformed officer in an actual police car, it would be one thing, however, I'd have run from 3 guys (I don't care what race they are) jumping out of a car saying they were police too. And, no, I'm not going to stop and wait to check their credentials either. One thing I can promise will happen, is once they started beating on me I'd make sure at least one of them went to the hospital with me!

There is no reason they couldn't radio to a uniformed officer to be there while they followed him.

7. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

You only cover us when we beat up viola players carrying Mountain Dew...why not mention all of the times it didn't happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted