1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should MNF be a doubleheader?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The stadium conflicts aren't as bad anymore, as you note. However, they still need to make sure they don't schedule a Bengals home game for the same day as a Reds home game, since the stadiums share parking lots.

I think the same applies for most small and medium sized markets, like KC, Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Even if they don't share parking facilities, they do share fans. Why compete against each other if you can schedule around it?

2. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Tony K coming out strong in the season opener.

But I'm sure that first 2 minutes was completely scripted.

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Yes I don't see why not.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

two years ago the reds played the cubs and the bengals' home opener against the dolphins was on the same day

(as was the oktoberfest downtown)

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I wish they did it this way every Monday.

The first game, you're sure to get in the paper.

The second one ... no suspense at all. You ain't getting it in the first edition.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Agree with that. As for the doubleheader, I'm not sure. I won't ever complain about watching back-to-back Monday night games, but part of me likes to see 30 teams in action that first Sunday. I'm OK with it this year because I'm at home with the chance to watch both. If I were working, my answer might be different.

7. sheos

sheos Member

fuck yeah, this is great. we're sports writers, we don't have to wake up early (aside from those damn morning two-a-days bullshit crap days)

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Correct Answer: Yup

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I'm sure there's an obvious answer, but why not?

10. Because CBS (AFC partner) had the US Open Men's Final at 4.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I don't remember that, but I'll take your word for it.

Traffic must have been lovely that day.

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

OK, but why no AFC road teams at 4:15? Wouldn't it mean no AFC teams at 4:15 period? Sorry if I'm being dense, I'll just hang up and listen to your answer.

Draft saved Draft deleted