1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should I use this quote about President Bush?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

That's one poorly constructed quote. ""I was surprised that he knew there was a professional tennis career."? I'm surprised this guy's in college.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yet another example of our fine President, much like the idiots that preceded him, wasting time on shit instead of which he should have about 3 million better things to do, and if he doesn't, I could write him a list.

The President is our employee. We hired him to fix things like the war, the crashing economy, the rocketing price of gas, etc etc yadda yadda, we didn't hire him to hobnob with insignificant and irrelevant jocks (as in the wide scope of things, all jocks are, from NCAA tennis teams up to the Super Bowl and World Series champs).

Quit sniffing jocks. Get back to work.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Star, I'm gonna disgaree with you on this one. Part of his job is to meet with Americans and, for lack of a better way of putting it, help make them feel like they accomplished something. It's mainly that the jocks are the ones who get the media attention.

Also, the kid was being a dick.
    Like George Bush doesn't know about something like Wimbledon or the US Open.
    Look, you I know everything, college age, arrogant fuck.
    You are meeting the President. You may not agree with the man, but you respect the office and the house he lives in.
    I hope he got a talking-to by his coach.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I think if you'll listen to the guy on this thread who, you know, actually talked to the kid -- he wasn't being a dick, just an idiot. Apparently, there plenty of other quotes in there about how cool it was to meet the President.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Sorry, SG, I realize the kid said it was cool to meet the President, doesn't mean that you have to make the 47 millionth George Bush is a retard joke.

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I don't think anybody was making such a joke. I think you just misinterpreted it.

Draft saved Draft deleted