1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should I go to my 10-year reunion or not?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Nov 27, 2009.

1. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I'm going to my 25th reunion tonight, too.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

All of my reunions were in the summer, except the 25th, which was over Thanksgiving weekend for the reason already mentioned, people have moved away but their parents are still here and they come back for the holiday. We also opened up that reunion to the classes ahead and behind ours. It was the worst-attended of all of our reunions.
    I always enjoy the reunions. People do change. And, most times, if you remember that you didn't like somebody, you can't remember why you didn't like them.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The real challenge comes when you try to crash the reunion of your high school's crosstown rival the same weekend. [/notsayin'nuthin']

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for my 45th reunion in 2012. There may be some no-shows. :)

5. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

My 20th reunion was last year. I didn't go. I haven't been to any of them.

There was a 20th reunion I considered attending. I received info about a reunion for a high school in California [I went to high school in Texas]. Guy had the same name as me and graduated the same year. If I'd had the money to make the trip and stay at the posh hotel [seemed like it was a school in an affluent area] I would have gone. Maybe I'll make it to the 25th.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Went to my 10th a few years ago and it was a good time. I really had a lot of anxiety about going though because I really had not talked to any of my former classmates in a long time. I had reservations answering questions about significant others, kids and careers but thankfully nobody wanted to talk about any of that stuff. We just sat back, drank lots of alcohol, reminisced and enjoyed the moment.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Geez-- We're not a Quija board.Try this if you can't make the call on your own.

http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/WebOuija.html

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I didn't go to my 10th because I wasn't very popular in school and figured that things would be the same, plus I didn't want any bad memories drudged up.

But I ended up going to my 15th and had an excellent time (although my wife was bored out of her mind, couldn't really blame her, I was bored at her reunion, too). It almost felt like we were a family that was reuniting. Even people who I hadn't cared that much for came up and said hello.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ha! That's awesome!

Am I crazy? NO
    Will I get laid this weekend? YES

Plenty of good news there.

Does this actually work? MAYBE LATER

Well, shit.

10. doctorx

doctorx Member

Went to one and it lived down to my expectations. Wouldn't cross the street to go to another.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

My 20th is coming up in two years. If I don't have a job ... actually, if I still don't have a job in 2011, I'll probably have killed myself well before the reunion date. But if I miss, then I'm not going.

And to think, I actually got some votes for Most Likely to Succeed. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FAIL YOU PEOPLE SUCK

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I had a min reunion tonight with a high school friend I hadn't seen in 23 years. As for the real reunions, I had an absolute blast as my 20th hs reunion and can't wait for the next one. I wasn't all that popular in hs, but at the reunion, people were really friendly and it seemed like every enjoyed it. My 20th college reunion is in May. I can't wait.

Draft saved Draft deleted