1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should I go back and pay for this?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I just had my car demagnified at Sears. $40 bucks for the whole car. Can already tell the difference.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I was responding to those who said that since it was a cashier error, that meant he was in the clear. Or on the clear. Stupid Barry Bonds. If you think you might have been undercharged and the receipt says otherwise, then legally you're in the clear, but if you knew for sure that, let's say, they forgot to charge you for something, then morally you should go back.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

For $40 I hope they checked the Johnson rod, too...

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'll start doing that the day someone calls me and says I accidentally overpaid them.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No - it's an SUV

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I hear that's an expensive part.

My mechanic told him. He's honest, too.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But if you check the Johnson Rod, you have to clear the Connuter valve or it goes to shit inside 3,000 miles...

8. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I think they put a new bulb in the headlight and charged you the $1 for that. I don't think there was any labor, because, well it was changing a bulb. I think that was the restoration. Let it go. Or you could be a real douche and go back and say, hey you charged me for a bulb and all I wanted was a restoration. I've never heard of the latter.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think we pay to recycle batteries here. And we also pay an environmental disposal fee when we get an oil change.

No problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted