1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should I get a new phone number?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

And you miss Dad, don't you?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

uh-oh, hope it's not THIS Abron Jackson:

SENATOBIA - Abron Jackson, 59, retired railroad worker, died April 25, 2004 at his home. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church in Como with burial in Mount Moriah Church Cemetery there. Felix Cauthen Funeral Home has charge. He was a member of Mount Moriah Church. He leaves four daughters, Maeree Burton of Senatobia, and Charlene Jackson, Constance M. Jackson and Helen Faye Gordon, all of St. Louis; three sons, Clinton Burton and Dexter Burton, both of Senatobia, and Eric Burton of Louisville; a sister, Sara Jean Milan of Chicago; a brother, Edward Jackson of Memphis, 16 grandchildren and a great-grandchild.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'd go with the temporary new number. If that doesn't work, then it's time to break out the crowbars.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Give the companies a little starman justice.

Remember since they called you, you can threaten physical violence and it wouldn't be against the law.

Seriously tho, a call to the police probably won't help much. When I had this problem with the company calling my cell phone, I asked the police if there was anything they could do and they said no, since it's really not harassment.

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

If you think you have it rough, we received calls for six months in the middle of the night from some incoherent crack head lady who asked for someone like Ray Ray. Without fail, it took her at least a full minute to comprehend that I was not Ray Ray. Finally, after repeating myself about three times, she'd say, "Oh, I see. You're not Ray Ray. You're Abron."

6. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Where the heck is Senatobia? Sounds Canadian. The fact that he's got family in St. Louis (if it's the one in Mo.) may actually make that him, because I'm near STL. Of course, he died three years ago, so I don't know how he'd still be giving out my number, unless it's somebody who's stolen a dead guy's identity.

For all I know, though, I'm not spelling Abron right. It could be Abren, or Abbron, or Abronn. When people call, they pronounce it two different ways - Uh-brawn or A-brun.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So Rusty, what are you going to do?

8. audreyld

audreyld Guest

It's in Mississippi. Just south of Memphis, Tenn.

Draft saved Draft deleted