1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should I be pissed or not?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Unibomber, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

There is a guy who works the desk with me who always brings little cookies and treats and stuff in for the ladies of the newsroom, but we never get any of it. We always tease him as he passes out his goodies and ask where our's is and whatnot. It is a jokey deal. Well today said goober was giving the gals Valentines' treats and we started it. One of the chicks (a real mouthy, irritating bitch) started throwing candies at us guys -- very hard mind you -- telling us to leave him alone. She was joking and all and it was all in good fun.
    So then, like 5 minutes later, some other guy said something again and, at the time, I was taking a drink of HOT coffee when all of the sudden I get blindsided in the side of the face with a speeding Starburst. Needless to say, I dump coffee all over myself and my new sweater. Everyone laughs (I would too, mind you), but they shut up quick when I started cussing and stormed off to clean myself off.
    I come back after 15 minutes of trying to get coffee out of my tan sweater in the men's restroom with hand soap and water and the desk is silent.
    That bitch gets up and leaves without approacing me with an apology or offer to clean the sweater or anything. At this point I am royally pissed.
    I mean, I learned in 4th grade not to throw shit at people, but apparently her winging a candy at me and fucking up my sweater is not a big deal. I am overreacting -- that is what my coworkers are saying.
    But the sweater is stained and I dont think it will come out. So, if it doesnt, what do I do?

1. Ignore it and move on.
    2. Tell her nicely that it was ruined and she what she does.
    3. Raise hell to the boss about her immature actions and my ruined sweater.
    And, more importantly ...
    Am I wrong to be pissed?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just fuck her and get it over with.

3. WSKY

WSKY Member

raise hell, tell the boss

4. WSKY

WSKY Member

and then fuck her

5. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

You could always send her a package via mail. ;D

6. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

My boss was right there when it happened. He is real cool with letting shit slide, though. If I emailed the ME or E, whew. This idiot has been written up for immature behavior before.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Would you ever want to hit that?

8. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

No hitting it. Married and irritating as hell.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

what high-school rag do you work for? :mad: :eek: :mad:

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Coffee almost always washes out, Uni. Put some spray and wash or whatever stain treater your wife has on it when you get home and the sweater should be fine.

As to the bitch that hurled candy at you . . . I suggest you Comet bomb her desk. She'll never get it cleaned up :D

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Neither of which should preclude you from giving her a good ol' fashioned grudge fuck.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Be pissed. I would be. No 'Valentine's Day' pass from me. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted