1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should giants take back plaxico?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jan 12, 2009.

1. joe king

joe king Active Member

Because, Lord knows, Eli was certainly a Dilfer-esque bus driver in last season's playoff run. And I can't remember him making a single play in the Super Bowl.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Homey the Clown aka Stephen A Smith was howling, like a crackhead who just got shorted, on Michael Kay's radio show. Dumb MF Smith keeps repeating the same tired excuses for abhorrent moronic behavior of his boyz, like Plex, Pacman and TO. And ignorant fool that Smith is he keeps bringing up Steve Howe, who hasn't played in 12 years, to justify giving everyone another chance.

Have some Cheetos Homey and STFU

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The same Steve Howe who's been dead for three years?

I think he finally ran out of chances. :eek: :eek:

4. heyabbott

Tell it to Homey, every chance he gets Homey screeeeechs 'bout Steve Howe

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

They should take him back. The shooting was an "honest mistake"

6. heyabbott

It's too bad that Football players, when lineups are announced, don't have music played.
    Elvis Costello's My Aim Is True is perfect intro music for Plax

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, he made a nice move to escape a sack and then threw up a prayer that Tyree answered.

My point, which should have been easy enough to grasp, is that winning a ring is not the only way to judge a quarterback.

Manning continues to show he is barely average without Burress even with one of the best offensive lines in the NFL protecting him. Rivers played most of the season with Tomlinson and Gates hurting. He had decent, but not great, receivers and led the NFL in passer rating and touchdown passes. It is not unreasonable at all to suggest that the Giants might have been better off just keeping Rivers rather than making that trade. Rivers was better this year by every possible measure. He was better during the regular season and better in the playoffs.

Manning stunk on Sunday against the Eagles. Rivers turned in a solid performance against the league's best defense. I'm not talking about the final numbers, which were inflated by a meaningless touchdown late. He was solid all through the game.

I really can't believe I'm stuck defending that guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted