1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should giants take back plaxico?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Sgt. Bilco

Sgt. Bilco New Member

Starman--While I think your counter-argument is valid, ultimately, I guess think it reaches a bit far. While I'd need to spend some time I don't have right now researching this (I have to put my children to bed), if memory serves, those Cowboys teams were chock full o' scumbags.

Additionally, I suppose one would need to define the level of depravity/stupidity that constitutes a 'troubled' athlete -- does an athlete need to have been an accomplice to murder or perhaps just raped a woman to attain that status or does run of the mill thuggery and douchebaggishness fit the bill? If you believe it's the former, you might well be right; if, however, it's the latter, I think I'm forced to disagree.

Moreover -- and this only just occurred to me -- the Los Angeles Lakers would apparently belie your thesis. They could be an anomaly, but...and then there's the Ravens, a team whose star/leader is the 'troubled' athlete.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

upon further review, i change my vote for no. reese should shop elsewhere for a wideout, whether it be trading for boldin, signing t.j. hoosyourmomma and/or the draft.

bringing plax back to the giants would give him way more satisfaction than the a--hole deserves.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Rivers was a hell of a lot better yesterday than Manning. No running game and the key interception he threw was tipped at the line. Not at all his fault.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Heavens NO. A thousand times no.

The guy is a cancer. He was a constant distraction all season, then bailed on the team down the stretch.

Were the Giants hurt by his loss? Yes, but that was because of the time of the season, when they couldn't just go out and get another receiver to replace him. Now, they have the offseason, the draft, free agency and trades available to access how to retool their roster.

My guess is the NFL will wait for the New York legal process to play out and then suspend him. He is exactly the type of player Roger Goddell is trying to get out of the league. My guess here is that Burress has played his last down in the National Football League.

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

Whatever. All I know is, they're both in the same place -- home for the conference championship games.

Except Manning has his ring to keep him company.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Disagrees.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not to mention Plax is at the age (32 by opening day 2009) and with his apparent fanatical devotion to conditioning, where basically, his value/ability as a player can evaporate literally overnight.

8. bigpern23

Literally? :p

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

And one more bit of Plax news. What a piece of shit:

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/giants/burress011309.html

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yes, literally overnight. As fast as a bullet ripping through leg muscles. :D

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So does Trent Dilfer. Doesn't mean he was better than Rivers is, either.

12. bigpern23

Well played, sir. Well played.

Draft saved Draft deleted