1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should giants take back plaxico?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jan 12, 2009.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

According to PTI, Bengals wideout TJ Houshmandzadeh is a free agent. The Mara family should open up their wallets for him.

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I don't think they can take him back. They broke him, they bought him.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

But how would it make it any better if he plays somewhere else. He has not been banned from the NFL.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yet. Doesn't mean he won't be

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

While the distraction issue is indeed an issue, the biggest problem with taking on guys like this -- Bill Polian refers to them as "bad actors" -- is that the team depends on them, especially if they are exceptional players. Then when something inevitably happens and they become unavailable for disciplinary or other reasons, they leave a huge hole in the team. The Giants without Burress provide a wonderful example of this.

6. Sgt. Bilco

Sgt. Bilco New Member

Joe King: No argument -- no Burress = big hole. Still, and I'm speaking only of yesterday's game, I remain somewhat convinced the Giants could have won in spite of his absence.

Honestly, and though I could happily provide other reasons why I think Gilbride is a moron, I'm not sure one needs look much past Jacobs -- he had 96 yards on 19 carries. Gilbride should have ridden his ass until A) such a time as he proved he couldn't gain more than, say, three yards per carry or B) beat the Eagles into submission. Relying on Jacobs to that degree obviously makes Ward and Bradshaw that much more potent and, further, only makes a guy like Boss or even an octagenarian like Toomer more dangerous. Boss caught at least two of his three passes in the first half. I'll be damned if I recall a ball being thrown his way in the second.

Unfortunately, I'm once again left to wonder how much better off the Giants might be with Rivers at QB.

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

hey fanboi...take it somewhere else

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

Rivers isn't playing anymore this season, either.

Just sayin'.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Mike Brown will open his wallet for TJ too. But once the trickle of nickels stops, he's gone.

10. Sgt. Bilco

Sgt. Bilco New Member

Ashy--my apologies. I guess the decade-plus I spent working for at least a few of publishing's most prominent companies and magazines -- including, among others, a place sometimes referenced by the letters S and I by people like you who obviously know way more than I do or could ever hope to -- renders me unfit to contribute to your edifying dialogue.

Blow. Me.

11. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

blue font on this board = sarcasm

Fetch me a beer, newbie :)

12. Sgt. Bilco

Sgt. Bilco New Member

Uh, yeah. Um, oops?

Hold on--I'm going to try to make my wife get the beer. Aw, shit, who am I kidding -- will a Bud 24-ouncer suffice?

Draft saved Draft deleted