1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should giants take back plaxico?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jan 12, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

gm jerry reese has left the door open now that the season is over and burress was so sorely missed. if plax get out of the legal hassles ahead, should he be welcomed back to the giants?

i vote yea. albeit on the shortest of leashes. he's never hurt anyone but himself, as far as we know. he must stop being a huge headache to coughlin, though, meaning on time to meetings, a complete attitude adjustment.

dunno if plax i capable, but it is now or never, correct?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If he is going to be playing in the NFL , it may as well be with the Giants. Not having a possession receiver yesterday on 3rd down killed them.

3. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Hell yeah.....

Did you see their offense without him?

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

No until he's made full restitution to the victim.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Boom, in one sense I agree that if he's going to be in the NFL, he may as well be playing for the Giants. However, is there any hope at all that he would straighten up his act if, after they fall apart without him, they ask him to come back?

It all depends on how he reacts to this whole mess (and if he is even residing somewhere outside a 6x8 cell). If he looks at what he did and realizes he came really close to squandering a fabulous life in the NFL, then I suppose he'd be good. But if he looks at it and decides that the Giants need him and he can do whatever he wants, he's only going to get worse.

Sadly, I think he might tend to go with the latter attitude.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Depends on what kind of player he'll be after 3-5 years when he gets out of Rikers. I'm not sure he's going to get the Puff Daddy treatment from a NYC jury.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

yes, overlook his many flaws like SHOOTING HIMSELF IN A PUBLIC PLACE because they need a possession receiver..

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

If he's facing charges for illegal possession, can he still be a possession receiver?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

yes, illegally

11. lono

lono Active Member

He'll join Michael Vick in Oakland.

12. Sgt. Bilco

Sgt. Bilco New Member

No, the Giants should not take Burress back. Obvious ability notwithstanding, he became far too great a distraction, in my estimation (admittedly, a fan's estimation ... but an avid and, I think, knowledgeable fan). The Giants should do whatever it takes to sign Anquan Boldin and move on.

More to the point, while Burress' injury obviously proved too much for the Giants and the overmatched Eli Manning to overcome, his absence was not the reason for yesterday's loss. That dubious responsibility rests almost exclusively with the astonishingly inept Kevin Gilbride, who will one day, I hope, come to occupy a seat in hell within arm's reach of Bernie Madoff, George W. Bush, and Dick Cheney.

What an absolute calamity, Gilbride. I have a feeling Brandon Jacobs is still in his stance at the Eagles' 37-yard line, fully expecting Manning to hand him the ball.

Draft saved Draft deleted