1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Denny Green resign in his postgame press conference?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Oct 17, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

"Warning: Profanity used."

Duh.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

"If you want to crown them, then crown their ass." What, they playing checkers?

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Oddest thing about the tirade: the question asked is providing credit (deserved, by the way) to Cardinals for being able to "shut down" the Chicago offense.
    No mention from the reporter about crowning the Bears with anything.

4. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

The first time in LEAGUE HISTORY a team overcame a deficit of at least 20 points solely on the basis of defensive and special teams points. Crazy.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Go fuck yourself Chicago.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Maybe someone can help me with something that came to mind as I watched that clip...

When was the last time a real fire-and-brimstone sort of coach, a la Billy Martin, won a championship in any of the big three pro sports?

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Many good coaches have blown up, flown off the handle during the course of their careers. But if you want to know why the Cards becamethe first team in NFL history to blow two 14-0 first-quarter leads, just look at that press conference. It is the job of a coach, or any leader or that matter, to be calmest when things seem the worst. After last night's debacle, the Cardinals desperately needed their coach to show some poise. Instead, he showed his team they've got nowhere to turn when things start going badly.

8. pallister, that's so much garbage..... denny green deserves what's coming to him, but his meltdown was justified. the man just got embarrassed on national tv and he vented. big whoop. coaches do it all the time and the players couldn't give a flying flip. he didn't point any fingers. he was ripping himself and his coaching staff as much as anybody for giving the game away.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

He showed absolutely no leadership at a time when leadership was needed. And if the players don't care, then they deserve to keep losing games like that.

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I had the game on last night and Mr. Rosie watched until halftime. He said, "Watch, the Cardinals will blow the lead like they've done every other time this season."

"Of course," I replied. "It will be just like when Dennis Green was coaching the Vikes."

And it was.

This is the same coach who had his quarterback take a knee in the 1998 NFC championship game. (Not that this looser fangirl is bitter or anything, stupid Denny Green!)

I will never understand those who think this man is a coaching genius. I have yet to see it.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

No kidding. He's about as good as the coach responsible for this:

http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/kfan/gm%20winning%20td.mp3

[/already on my way to my room]

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Late to the party here...

1) That offensive line is bottom 5 in the NFL, and they pass protect better than they run block. Just brutal.
    2) Edge is 28, but the way I see it, he is running on legs that are on the other side of 30, which is 'done' time for a back. That knee injury he endured was pretty serious. It had to have knocked some time off his serviceable days and the punishment he has taken is probably going to mean a nasty athritic limp before he is 50.
    3) That said, Edge is also learning just how much easier it is to run when Peyton Manning is play-action passing and throwing to Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne one tme for every time he actually hands the ball off. It's easier for a 5-man line to take on a front four instead of a front eight.

Draft saved Draft deleted