1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Denny Green resign in his postgame press conference?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Oct 17, 2006.

1. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

This just in: Lamar Thomas is Denny Green's speechwriter.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I dunno if he should resign, but that was one of longest faces I've ever seen when production got a shot of him shortly after the FG attempt sailed wide.

Denny Green's not the first to blow a golden opportunity, and I doubt he'll be the last.

And, while I'm not a big Edgerrin James fan, keep in mind that his line isn't exactly filled with Pro Bowl players. I suspect only Barry Sanders or Walter Payton could find a way to make that line look halfway decent.

3. lono

lono Active Member

In a word, yes.

4. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

What did Denny say at his press conference? I just caught ESPNNews and they were apologizing, cutting to highlights and saying, you can see why he was so upset.

5. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

He said bullshit twice, then punched the podium, then said something about crowning the Bears. He then waddled off to kick Leinart's dog.

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Yes.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

SHOULD Denny Green resign? Yes.
    WILL he resign? Not if the way he went out in Minnesota is any indication...

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

He should quit and become manager of the Texas Rangers. They're the Arizona Cardinals of the Majors.

9. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Look for him on the high road.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Knowing Denny Green, he'll stay when he should resign and resign when he should stay.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I think you're right. I still can't believe what I saw tonight.

12. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Hey, Texas has gone to the post-season a few times, but had the dumb luck of running into the Yanks (you know, when they actually got out of the first round). I'd say they'd be more like the Nationals. Been to a couple of other cities before, never won anything anywhere, apathetic fan base.

Draft saved Draft deleted