1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Denny Green resign in his postgame press conference?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Honestly, he's blown two straight games with a 14-point lead. His defense gave him six turnovers. His team was whistled for numerous stupid penalties. And he ran the ball two straight times at the end of the game rather than letting Leinart win the freaking game and make it a true chip-shot field goal.

Should he step down?

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No. Because it's the Cardinals. He's a perfect match.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Big Sexy, that's why we call Denny "The Nutty Professor." Getting paid that much benjamins to blow two games this season.

John L. Smith is off the hook this week.

They'll never recover from this.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wait. I stopped watching when the Fraudinals got a turnover late in the first half with a 17 point lead and damn near inside the red zone.
    the Cards LOST????

If that;s the case, Denny needs to waddle his fat ass out the door

EDIT: Just suffered thru Boomer on SC.... wow... that's just pathetic...

5. 85bears

85bears Member

Charles Barkley was talking him up like he's Vince Lombardi.

Also - a lot of people in Chicago wanted Hester taken off punt returns until he becomes less mistake prone, and Lovie kept him there precisely because of play slike tonight.

6. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Picking up a good OL in the draft or free agency wouldn't hurt either. How the hell does a guy like Edge James get 30+ touches and not break 60 yards? Yeah, it's the Bears defense, but that's ridiculous. Where are the holes? But going back to what Mr. Whitlock said, Green should have pulled a Haynesworth on the Bears and stomped on them while he had a chance. I thought Marty-ball was played only in San Diego.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Dear God,

Please get Larry Fitzgerald off of this team. Put him with the Raiders for all I care. Just get him away from the black hole that is this franchise.

Sincerely
    PittAlumniFanboyLooser

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Neil Rackers is returning to his Bengals form.

I agree they got too conservative in the final minute, but a 40-yarder is not a miracle kick.

Leinart will lead this team to better days. They have way too much on offense for that not to happen.

9. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

If Green is to resign now, you could give plenty of times that Schottenheimer (you should know, being in KC) or Dungy should have done likewise after their strategical ineptitude cost their team big games they should have won. And I wouldn't argue.

As I said in the Week 6 thread, some coaches just don't have what it takes.

10. e.james is overrated. the offensive line isn't great but edge is way overhyped.

11. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I thought Jason was about to get his wish there for a second.

Bullshit! Bullshit!

Classic.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

the game or the fat gasbag not being able to get into his stupid 'he... could... go... all... the... way...' until hester was already in the end zone?

Draft saved Draft deleted