1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should be sympathy for Duke guys, not Rutgers girls

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by keef spoon, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Would you say the same for Pacman Jones? He's been arrested however many times, and each time the charges drop. So does he deserve the same sympathy as you give Duke lacrosse?

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Should I extend the same to Pacman? Possibly, probably, Have I? No. The one difference in at least his latest incident and the Duke incident is we know something criminal happened (person getting shot) where Pacman was involved. We have no idea if anything went on beyond a few verbal insults at Duke.

Adn the fact his incidents outnumber Duke's by about a 10-1 margin don't help.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Pac Man Jones deserves an apology.

Ohio State, which the NCAA cleared of a number of sanctions, deserves an apology

You see how silly this can get?

Yet the politically correct among us continue to think that forcing people to apologize actually means something.

But hey, nobody has as much heart and character as the Rutgers women because they've had to endure so much trauma at the hands of mean old imus. LOL

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Obviously women should just shut up and take whatever insults are hurled their way, right Zagoshe? They should be ecstatic somebody's showing them attention. I mean they're just women. Who do they think they are? Men have been wronged!

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

About time you saw the light, SC. ;)

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's unclear whether the racial slurs happened at the Duke party, in which case, I can see where maybe after that an incident happened that led to this and then that.

The Rutgers women did nothing to merit that comment. And they stayed silent for a long time before they spoke out.

I'm not sure how anyone could possibly lump Duke lacrosse in with the Rutgers women.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

RELEASE THE RIGHT WING TALKING POINTS!!!

[​IMG]

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

First huge LOL moment of the day. Thanks, DD. :)

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No, I don't think that's what I said sportschick. In fact, I know that's not what I said.

I just can't understand why women insist on being just as tough as the men but when they are insulted, they have no trouble reverting to the helpless victim role?

I mean, one girl actually said her season was "ruined"

Ruined? By a shock jock's idiotic attempts at being funny?

I thought C. Vivian produced mentally tough kids, I guess I was wrong.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Does is always have to go here?

How about: Imus is a dick, the Rutgers women were wronged, but they weren't as wronged as the Duke guys?

I grew up with a single mom, very strong woman, feminist. She got a master's in multiculturalism, and is fully versed in what is and is not 'acceptable' speech.

After a while, she stopped pursuing jobs in that field because of how out-of-control the political correct quotient had become. She'd just laugh about it.

Most women don't get how easy it is for a guy's reputation to be destroyed like what happened to the Duke guys. It is INSANELY easy for a woman to drop a bogus charge on a guy.

Remember that. All us men can't afford to forget it.

I'm 100% pro-woman, and equal rights. But stuff is WAY out of control right now, the other way, IMO.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I've never once thought that. Then again, I never went to a Duke party and shouted racial slurs at strippers. Some of us are real gentlemen.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

"Bottom line -- They got hosed, but they put themselves in position to get hosed."

That's dangerous. That's like saying a college girl who got drunk at a fraternity party really can't press rape charges because she put herself in a position.

Draft saved Draft deleted