1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should be sympathy for Duke guys, not Rutgers girls

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by keef spoon, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Since roughly half-past Anita Hill, I'd say.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It really sucked the way that rich, pwerful white guy abused that poor black female lawyer. What's his name? Tom? Thomas?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't believe he's blaming the victim so much as saying one group put themselves at risk for trouble, the other didn't. So the one might deserve a little more sympathy than the other, based on that difference.

4. SoMissGrad

SoMissGrad Member

I have a co-worker who said something to the effect of "I know they did something to that girl, maybe not rape, but I just know they did something." I asked him what he meant and he couldn't explain, I made a poor attempt to explain he can't just accuse them of wrongdoing without any proof, but it didn't work. He wouldn't listen then, and he wouldn't listen when he was told that writing a column equating the persecution of Don Imus to the Passion of Jesus Christ, including a section where he claimed words like 'ho' and the n-word are owned by black people like himself, was a bad idea.

5. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

WOW.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

And people think I'm bad with Kobe. Whew!

Draft saved Draft deleted