1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shorts at the WCWS?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CCaple, May 28, 2009.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

POO, I was referring to the installation of said skidmarked one -- not anything else. But nice to know you still have a curious complex for me.

RB

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Washington ties it with a grand slam in the 5th - that was huge. I don't think I've ever seen an 8-8 softball game at this level.

3. CCaple

CCaple Member

I definitely haven't seen anything like that. What a ridiculous game. WCWS record for combined runs in a game, and Niki Williams set a WCWS record with seven RBI in one game and nine in the tournament. I don't think anyone expected Danielle Lawrie to get banged around like that, either. And then she was perfect for four innings. Crazy stuff.

4. randomhero423

randomhero423 Member

the alabama/arizona state game was awesome too. shameless plug: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/189648-the-blast-that-says-it-all

but really, softball is very underrated.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Am I the only one who absolutely despises bleacherreport.com? One of my Braves Twitter feeds links to some "articles" from that site from time to time, and it's always completely unreadable. Terrible grammar, no purpose to the writing, nothing interesting to say. It's some of the worst writing on the Internet.

I mean, I like the fan perspective at times -- liked Bill Simmons back when he had his fastball, used to read a very cool Cardinals blog (Brian Gunn) back when he was doing that one and also the entertaining Twins Batgirl blog, even though I'm not a fan of either team -- but bleacherreport.com is a different level of hell entirely. Just absolutely unreadable. Is that just me?

6. randomhero423

randomhero423 Member

i'm not impressed with some of the articles either. but I just see it being a good opportunity for me to write and gain exposure since I will be a freshman in the fall. i'm treating all of my articles as if i'm a columnist. if i can get myself to write 5 articles a week along with the basketball website i write for now, i think it's a good thing.

but i agree from what i've seen the majority of bleacherreport's stuff is unreadable. some of their "articles of the day" and articles on the front page are really not that good.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Not dissing the idea of it, randomhero -- and by all means, keep writing and building your clips however you can. I wholeheartedly encourage that.

But what I've read there is just insufferable.

Draft saved Draft deleted