1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shorts at the WCWS?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CCaple, May 28, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Woman's foot.

[​IMG]
    Man's foot.

Any questions?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I did NOT need to see that first thing in the morning. Egads!

3. CCaple

CCaple Member

Agreed. Definitely a great experience. And the crowds have been outstanding. They had a Day 2 record yesterday for the Washington vs. Arizona State game. Nice to see this sport gaining recognition, because it really is a lot of fun to watch.

4. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I guess I'm one of the few sports writers out there who actually does like and follow college softball. I think the changes they've made to softball over the years has made it more marketable sport for the masses.

5. CCaple

CCaple Member

I couldn't agree more. I don't really know if I count as an "actual" sportswriter, since I'm still in college, but I would jump at the chance to follow a college softball beat, if the opportunity presented itself, after graduation. I've been covering Washington for three years for our school rag, and it's been a hell of a lot more fun than covering the football team the last two seasons, that's for sure--this coming from a person who watched maybe three softball games total before leaving for college.

Glad to see ESPN crank up its coverage every year, too. That's the only way the sport is going to gain any kind of national recognition.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

::)

Don't think the profession is to blame for that one.

7. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I covered college softball exclusively for the first time this year and it was really nice. I'd covered games here and there before, but this was my first year of covering the team from start to finish. It was a lot more laid back than most sports and I found all of the players to be very accommodating.

8. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I've shot college/international softball for a handful of different clients over the past three or four years, and it's been really fun to see how the sport has grown even just in that time.

Being an OKC native, I like having the Big 12, the WCWS and the World Cup all here in town.

9. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I'm at the NCAA Oxford Regional. Shorts, sandals, no socks and my favorite Fred G. Sanford T-shirt.

It's hot outside.

I'll dress accordingly.

And call a podiatrist after seeing Batman's pics.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am curious. Did the stringer for a paper covering the Big Ten softball representative stand up and yell at the NCAA umpires the way he did at referees when he covered the same school's college hockey powerhouse?

11. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

No podiatrist needed.

Just get a nice pedicure. They'll clean out the toe grout for you ... and for that, you should tip well.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

very few people can make it work....

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted