1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shootings reported at 2 Jewish-related centers near Kansas City

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 13, 2014.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I read earlier that two of the dead were Methodists who were just volunteering at the center.

One of them was 14.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nah, the juice is too good. The KKK loves them some lynchings. Just find a rope and a nearby tree. Make sure the rope is just an inch or two longer than it should, so it's nice and slow.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wow. I guess the next thing we'll learn is that he has ties to the local Republican Party.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Or maybe he's the senior troop leader for Students fpr a Democratic Society. Eithet way, hook up the cables and fry him.

5. YankeeFan

Not just a Republican, he actually ran for office:

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He ran for office in both parties. Apparently this guy was a walking time bomb. The SPLC had a pretty big file on him. It didn't seem from what I saw on television that anyone was surprised it was him.

7. YankeeFan

He'd cut a deal to testify against other white supremacists in order to avoid a lengthy prison term.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I say make him share a cell with Aldon Smith.

9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

What is a straw man? The term was used in response to one of my posts on the NHL thread and I had no idea what it meant.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've seen two definitions for it. One is to misrepresent the origin of an argument or discussion. The other is to misrepresent the position of those you are in disagreement with. Basically, making up an opposing viewpoint so you can tear it down.

Both times I used it on this thread, I was referring to the latter. YankeeFan and A_QB were both making up opposing points of view, ones they can more easily attack rather than actually listen to others or try to understand what those who disagree with them are saying.

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted