1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting outside Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by armageddon, Aug 5, 2012.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Radio or TV? Because the tv report just showed the briefing where the Greenfield chief said a shooter was put down by the Oak Creek cop.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Briefing says four dead inside, three dead outside, including the perp.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

With God as my witness... I didn't do it. (Just happened to be wearing a t-shirt.)

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/counselors-on-hand-after-workplace-shooting-0d6bsss-164873936.html

Milwaukee also had a work place shooting on Friday. Any connection here?

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Guns were involved in both. Why this isn't a more pressing political issue than stuff like same-sex marriage is puzzling to me.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I think we all know why.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Because this is AMURICA! Freedom!

I would say more but I don't want to get handcuffed and jailed for leering into political territory.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've learned not to trust speculative early reports from crime scenes, but if what I have read about the shooters is true, it makes me even more sick to my stomach than I already am.

Here's the latest ...

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/reports-of-people-shot-at-sikh-temple-in-oak-creek-qc6cgc0-165059506.html

I drove by this temple last week (didn't know it, but I did) when I diverted myself off I-94 to get gas.

My thoughts go out to my hometown and the Sikh community in it. I'm sick about this.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Andy Reid's son's death is topping this story in Eastern Pennsylvania. I assume if it were an incident at a Christian church, it would be the top story.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I'm as liberal as they come, but that's the big local story there. Don't think it would make a darn bit of difference what church it happened at.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's a fucked-up world...

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Not that any religion should worry about getting shot for their beliefs, but the Sikhs are particularly unlikely because they've been targeted by people too dumb -- or too lazy -- to know the differences between Sikhs and Muslims.

Draft saved Draft deleted