1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at Va. Tech

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl2, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Re: Another shooting at Va. Tech

That's probably not the only thing he prayed for. He might have dropped a word in about smiting Whitlock too.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Of course somebody else with a 9mm could have stopped this guy before he killed 25 people.

3. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

If classes actually were in session two hours after the first shots were fired, then the school fucked up really badly. That's just unconscionable.

In any case, I suspect there will be a lot of wrongful-death lawsuits against VT. Not that those will bring anybody back, unfortunately.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Amen.

5. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

the shooter had a three hour window...

why the hell didnt virginia tech cancel classes...or do something to stop the mass murder that took place three hours after the original shooting.

6. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

So Wild West law? Personally I would have rather the university did their job and cancel classes, secure the campus and protect the students.

7. Re: Another shooting at Va. Tech

That's what I was expecting. Angry at uppity bitches? Grab the Glock.
    Nice.

8. Armchair_QB

Has it been ascertained that the two shootings were connected? Is it possible the early shooting was completely unrelated to the later one and the suspect in the first shooting was in custody?

The reason I ask is that there are reports of two shooters, with one of them still being alive. Could this be a horrible, horrible coincidence? Two shootings on the same campus on the same day? If that's the case then I could see why there would have been an "all clear" if someone was captured after the first shooting.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Again, just a guess, but they could have had reason to believe the first incident was isolated, like maybe that was the actual ex-girlfriend or something. Maybe there was two shooters, and they had the first one in custody.

We don't even know how many people died yet. It seems a little early to be furious about the campus not being shut down. Clearly someone did fuck up, but we just don't know anything yet.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You don't blow away 25 poor fuckers over a girlfriend. No way. This guy was probably teetering on nuts and the girlfriend breaking up with him probably tipped him over the edge, but no way do you shoot - what, 50 people? - over a girlfriend.

11. Armchair_QB

If somebody stopped that shooter we wouldn't be calling the guy a vigilante, we'd be calling him a hero.

12. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Oh I don't disagree with that.

Draft saved Draft deleted