1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at Va. Tech

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl2, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Kent State reinstated the State a few years back.
    [/quote]

Good. Everytime I hear Kent State Neil Young pops in my head ... and I like that song ...

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

What is it about April that appeals to mass murderers?

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

According to Michael Savage, and his 'Savage Nation' this was clearly an act of terrorism that the government is intent on covering up. "Why else hasn't the shooter been identified?"

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Good. Everytime I hear Kent State Neil Young pops in my head ... and I like that song ...
    [/quote]

It's a great song. When I was at Ohio, one of the students who was paralyzed in the shooting used to come talk to media classes. Interesting stuff.

5. It's a great song. When I was at Ohio, one of the students who was paralyzed in the shooting used to come talk to media classes. Interesting stuff.
    [/quote]

Didn't know you went to OU ... always nice to see another MAC alumni in the biz .. there's quite a few at my current paper, especially from OH

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Didn't know you went to OU ... always nice to see another MAC alumni in the biz ..
    [/quote]

This place is crawling with Ohio grads. We come out of the woodwork on the MAC threads in the fall :D

There are some other MAC alums on here, Slappy and Hank among others.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And he's apparently a step ahead of Sean Hannity, who was still talking about Imus when I was in the car at 4:30 EST. I was so enraged I changed the station.

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

That was the final straw for you?

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Even Buffalo's win over the Islanders tonight couldn't salvage this day for me.

Many of my friends from college had friends who went to Tech. I'm sure many of my college classmates who've I've fallen out of touch with in the intervening years have children who went/go to Tech. My favorite first cousin's son graduated from tech, in computer engineering. A guy who I've coached soccer/baseball with in Microville went to grad school at Tech.

Tough day. I mourn for the Gobblers/Hokies. I mourn for the commonwealth, which I once called home. Lane Stadium isn't big enough to hold all the tears.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i believe columbine had a connection with hitler's birthday and OC was payback for waco.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

columbine, hitler's b-day both april 20.

Draft saved Draft deleted