1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at University of Texas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ADodgen, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Didn't see it posted, but if it has been, feel free to remove.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2010/09/28/police_on_scene_of_shooting_on.html?cxntcid=breaking_news

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Since there are no injuries (other than the shooter), I'll get it started.

"I guess he just watched the UCLA game." :)

3. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I promise I'll laugh at that if/when they find the second shooter they're looking for, and my friends can leave the buildings they're locked in. Promise.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You never know how accurate reports from these scenes are, but it seems as if police are worried the second shooter has tried to blend in with the rest of the student population to get away.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

http://twitter.com/keyetv

Twitter allows us to know the real tragedy of the situation:

"On campus covering #utshooting. Got a parking ticket! #really?"

6. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

That made me laugh. Nice to know some things go on as normal. (Also, I hate UT PTS).

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

You'd think the Texas authorities would hopefully check the grassy knoll if they're looking for a 2nd shooter.

8. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dallas is a long way from Austin.

10. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

They're getting set to open up the north side of campus, so I submit: Maybe he saw Dooley's prediction for destruction at the hands of the Sooners Saturday.

11. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I thought of this guy:

[​IMG]

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

ELEVEN posts before a Charles Whitman reference? Ladies and Gentlemen, you surprise me.

I was in physical therapy for my neck this morning watching the CNN coverage of this and the first thing I mentioned was Charles Whitman on the clock tower in '66.

The two therapists in the room -- one an Eastern European kid, the other a 40something woman -- looked at me like I grew a third eye.

Draft saved Draft deleted