1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at the Washington Navy Yard

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Could we keep all the political bullshit out of this thread?

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Medical personnel at many hospitals have grown very tired at working on gunshot victims.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think most have followed enough mass murders by now to know the difference.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

And I thought today was going to be an easy day. I'm especially glad my fiance took today off from work.

To clear a few things up: those searching inside the building for the gunman were told to look for a black male wearing black armed with a double barrel shotgun (that's where the first initial shots reportedly came from) AND an AR-15. At one point a victim was determined to be on the roof because another person with them dropped a note on to the ground from there.

Later on the other two potential shooters came about because of video tape (and maybe other things) that spotted people with firearms. One has been ruled out. One hasn't been ruled out, but also not ruled in. But to me it always sounded like a solo act.

And it's nice to see the rest of the country gets to learn what a dickishly secretive bunch the DC elected officials/police department can be. Indignantly secretive and deliberately antagonistic unless they're going to look really, really pretty.

Time for some dinner and a drink. And I'm sort of surprised how remarkably well-behaved this thread was.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's early yet but the big news that has come out of this thread is that
    you have a "finance". Congratulations FHB.

6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Really??

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=kim+alexis&qpvt=kim+alexis&FORM=IGRE

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

John was a bit wrong.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/aaron-alexis-34-is-dead-gunman-in-navy-yard-shooting-authorities-say/2013/09/16/dcf431ce-1f07-11e3-8459-657e0c72fec8_story.html

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Me and the Underwear Gang don't troll up serious stuff.
    And make it two drinks.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

He misspoke. It was actually Alexis Carrington Colby.

[​IMG]

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Stop misbehavin', JJ!

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

The Secretary of the Navy has directed that Walter Reed treat the wounded as his designees. In other words, civilians who were wounded. That's a nice and appropriate gesture. No way should those people have to face medical bills.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Can we all agree there's no possible way Jones could be right?

Draft saved Draft deleted