1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at Seattle Pacific University

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Jun 5, 2014.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I think the "anti-gun" crowd is quite a small segment. I'm pretty damn liberal, but I would in no way call myself "anti-gun."

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm absolutely anti-gun. Deal with it.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But the gun control side is very large.

http://www.pollingreport.com/guns.htm

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Favoring gun control is far different than being anti-gun. I fall into the former category.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, totally.

I'm not anti-abortion. I just want to put restrictions on them.

I don't understand why the pro-choice people aren't cool with that. I mean, I'm basically on their side. I'm not saying we should make abortion illegal in every instance.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

As with gun control, it depends on the restrictions. But I'd be OK with that. Too many people are just all or nothing these days. No such thing as compromise anymore in politics.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Telling a woman what type of gun she can or cannot have is a little different than telling her what she can and cannot do with her own body.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm not compromising with anyone who says "Your dead kids don't trump my Constitutional rights."

Fuck that, and fuck them.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yes. I agree.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

So much anger.
    I think we've seen where all this anger leads, the last few weeks.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Because it depends on the restrictions.

If it's something to do with the safety of the procedure, that's one thing. Instead, restrictions designed to guilt-trip, slut-shame and make things as difficult as possible are offered.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Like the restrictions that make abortion clinics meet the same standards of other surgical centers or the ones requiring doctors to have admitting privileges at a hospital?

But, put those aside if you like.

What restriction is the pro-choice crowd for? Is there a single restriction that NARAL Pro-Choice America is for?

Draft saved Draft deleted