1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at LAX

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 1, 2013.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LOS ANGELES -- LOS ANGELES (AP) — Friends and family remembered slain Transportation Security Administration officer Gerardo I. Hernandez as a family man who constantly smiled at travelers passing through the Los Angeles airport.

Born in El Salvador, Hernandez was the youngest of four boys. He moved to the United States when he was 15. Four years later, he met his wife, and they married on Valentine's Day in 1998.

Friend and former TSA co-worker Kevin Maxwell said Hernandez was a family man.

"All he talked about was his family," Maxwell told KNBC-TV. "He was very proud of his son, who played football."

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Where exactly did he start opening fire? Was it before or after the metal security gates?

Fart, can you say one thing that could have been done to change this outcome? It's really easy to say everything sucks, but it takes some thought process to come up with a better way or a solution.

I guess your answer is more guns at the airport, and that costs tax dollars. So you are for more government spending? Do we keep the National Guard at the airport?

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Like bloody hell Fart is for more government spending.
    Again, billions of dollars have been funnelled into homeland security.
    Where is our return on investment??
    Small man, do you all remember the air marshal that shot and killed the lunatic at Miami International shortly after 9/11?
    He was a former border patrol agent.
    And trained in deceptive behavior at the Federal Law Enforcement Academy.
    We need more of these agents patrolling the airport corridors.
    Take a real good look around the terminal next time you are there.
    There are clearly some mentally compromised people around our airports.
    I'm always eagle-eyed there.
    Fart knows karate.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Go get 'em, tiger.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VAnU9zT87j4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVAnU9zT87j4

5. 3_Octave_Fart

Karate's not a joke to Fart.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The next Hollywood blockbuster: Kung Fu Fart

With the newest hit song: Kung Fu Farting

7. 3_Octave_Fart

Why do you start crap on this thread?
    Back to the issue.
    The shooter asked employees if they were TSA.
    This was a premeditated act of chaos.

8. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Airports, especially LAX are littered with undercover cops and security. I have not followed the exact timelines but how long between initial shooting and the shooter's capture? It seems like the system may have worked.

Unless you are going to turn every public place into an armed encampment this type of incident may happen.

If you are ever bored at LAX go watch the El Al check in at TBIT. Play spot the cop.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

What do folks think about mentally ill patients refusing medication?
    Which in turn might bloody well cause a psychotic break.
    Leading to a stay in the hospital or criminal procedings due to violence.
    Should they be legally forced to take their duly prescribed medications?

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If a pissed of person with an assault rifle heads out to kill people and only one person dies, I think most people would agree that it could have been much worse.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Just curious...why is the word "assault" added to the word "rifle"? Is there such a thing as a "defensive" rifle as well?

12. 3_Octave_Fart

One person dies - a person who by many accounts was a wonderful young man and was the light of several people's lives.
    I would say it's pretty f-king bad.
    And that we are not getting our money's worth.

Draft saved Draft deleted